Carrot Zucchini Pancakes
Makes about 16 small pancakes.
- 2 small zucchini
- 6 - 8 medium carrots, peeled
- 1/2 bunch green onions (3 - 4)
- 2 cloves garlic (or garlic puree - to taste)
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley (can use 1 tsp dried if fresh is not available)
- Box of pancake mix (make batter amount to equal the 16 pancake instruction on box, but with slightly less liquid)
- Grate the zucchini and carrots using the large holes on the grater. Chop the green onions thinly, mince the garlic and parsley.
- Prepare pancake mix, but use approximately 1/4 cup less liquid than called for; the zucchini will add a great deal of liquid to the mix. Fold all the vegetables into the prepared pancake batter.
- Warm a skillet over medium-high heat and a little olive oil. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the heated skillet. Gently spread the pancake with the back of a large spoon, if necessary, so it's not too thick. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until the outer edges have set and you see bubbles breaking through the surface, then flip. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the pancakes with salt and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with butter, sour cream, or also good with a savory jam or chutney!