Easy Ham & Cheese Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a small nonstick pan and cook onion until soft. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half and pepper.
- Stir in ham and both cheeses. (I left a small handful of cheese to sprinkle on top.)
- Stir in cooked onion.
- Pour filling into pie crust, set on a baking sheet and place in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until set.
- Serve warm or chilled.