Rotini & Beef Skillet Meal
6 servings - 4 PP per serving
- 1 19oz can of spiced Tomatoes (I used Aylmer Accents Original w/onion, celery, green pepper)
- 1 cup of zucchini (chopped)
- ½ cup of onion (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 cup green pepper (chopped)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Onion powder (to taste)
- 1 cup of cooked extra lean ground beef (crumbled)
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini (cooked)
- In a skillet/fry pan cook the ground beef, mushrooms, onions, & green pepper. Set aside.
- Empty can of tomatoes into a large, heavy saucepan.
- Turn heat to medium and add the chopped zucchini.
- Season with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Let the tomatoes and zucchini bubble gently on medium heat until zucchini is tender.
- Stir frequently and break up the tomatoes somewhat while stirring.
- Turn heat to low and add ground beef mixture.
- Mix thoroughly and then add cooked rotini.
- Stir to coat the rotini with sauce mixture,
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let sit a few minutes before serving.