Strawberry Banana Muffins
- 2 large very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 whisked eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter (cooled to room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 heaping cup strawberries (diced in small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease muffin tins with butter or margarine and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, mash bananas and add eggs and fold together.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla and whisk together gently.
- In separate large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the strawberries to the dry ingredients and mix to coat with the flour mixture. (dicing in small pieces and coating with flour mix will ensure the strawberries don't fall to the bottom of the muffins while cooking.)
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in.
- Mix together gently with wooden spoon until it is all moistened. Do not over mix.
- Drop into greased muffin tins using an ice cream scoop or two spoons.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin from oven and set on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Once the muffins are removed from the pan, place them on a cooling rack until cooled.