- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 lrg Carrots, chopped large
- 4 med Potatoes, chopped large
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder (or 3 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- (1) 14 oz can Aylmer's Italian Tomatoes (with juice)
- (1) 6 oz can Tomato Paste
- 1 - cup frozen corn (can use frozen green beans as well)
- Turn the pot on to the Sauté setting. Add the ground beef and the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is cooked. Don't break up the meat completely, as some bigger chunks are nice in the soup. (or you can precook the meat and onions in fry pan and then add to the Instant Pot.
- Add the chopped carrots and potatoes, beef broth, bay leaf, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce, frozen veggies. Stir.
- Dump the can of tomatoes and tomato paste on top and do not stir.
- Close the lid and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Cancel the Sauté setting. Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button and then select 7 minutes. Make sure it is set to High pressure. It will take several minutes to come to pressure.
- When the cooking cycle is finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 10 minutes (10 minute natural release). Then carefully, in short bursts at first, release the remaining steam manually, by turning the steam release knob to the Venting position.
- Stir the soup well to incorporate the tomato paste. Then stir in the frozen vegetables and let sit for a few minutes before serving. The veggies will cook in the heat of the hot soup.