Peanut Butter Bars
This easy no-bake recipe is an exact duplicate of a Reese’s cup in bar form! All you need is a few simple ingredients.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (300 gr)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
Directions for base:
- Line a 9 x 9 cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a non-stick pot, melt together the butter and the cup of peanut butter. Stir constantly so it doesn't burn. When it is liquid, remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the icing sugar, one cup at a time. Mix with hand mixer after adding each cup of sugar.
- When the mixture looks crumbly, but still moist, dump it in the lined cake pan.
- Spread it evenly around the pan and smooth down the top so it is level. (I used my hands to do this.) Once this has been completed, make the chocolate topping.
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together in a non-stick pot, constantly stirring.
- Once it's smooth with no visible chips showing, pour it onto the prepared base and spread around, covering the whole area.
- Put in fridge to chill for a short period of time, maybe a half an hour to an hour. They need to chill/set for a bit before you can cut them, but not too long or they will not cut properly. If you forgot and left them in the fridge too long, just set them on the counter top for a while to soften before doing the next step.
- Take out of fridge and using the edges of the parchment paper, lift out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut into the desired size shapes.
- Keep squares stored in the fridge.