Spicy Chicken Stew (Crock Pot or Slow Cooker)
This is quick to make, cooks in your slow cooker all day . . . and it has a great spicy kick to it!
- 2 baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.), peeled and cut into chunks (3 1/3 cups)
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen sweet corn
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks (1 cup)
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12.5 oz.) jar salsa
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, halved (about 1 lb.)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 10.5 oz.)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 (6 inch) fresh corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Place potatoes, corn, celery, carrots, onion and garlic in crock pot or slow cooker.
- Stir in salsa, salt, cumin, chile powder and pepper.
- Distribute chicken evenly on top of vegetables and pour chicken broth over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook stew on high for 4 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks into bite-size chunks; return to slow cooker.
- Mix tortilla strips into stew.
- Serve warm.
I topped it with cheese, avocado, and cilantro and it was awesome!